Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cruising through the last month

I am currently sitting in my second class of my last month of college. As I sit here hearing about ancient Hinduism, I find myself distracted by the images of my Spring Break vacation. It's hard to look at pictures of these amazing memories and pay full attention. (Sorry Mom. I know I should be getting your money's worth.)

I thought I would share with you all pictures from my cruise so you can see what I was doing and who I was with.

This first picture is from our first night on the cruise. This is the entire group of 14 girls. Within the group is one of my current roommates, Natalie; my two future roommates in St. Louis, Hannah and Bonnie; Chi Omega sisters, Cindy, Brittany, Michelle, Pam, Casey, Lauren; and other friends, Kat, Laura, Alli and Jordan.


This second photo is from our first port; Key West, FL. As I wrote in my previous post we spent the day shopping, tasting some of the local cuisine and beverages and touring Hemingway's house and a local lighthouse.


This photo is from our second port; Nassau, Bahamas. To say the least, this was a very interesting day as stated in my previous post. This photo is when our entire group safely got into the Atlantis Resort. This was one of my favorite days because I spent the day napping on the beach with the waves crashing behind me. I personally feel that there is no better way to unwind after three months of tests, papers, presentations and countless hours spent in the J-School lab cranking out ad after ad after ad.

And, this final photo is from our final night on the ship. We made it through the week with little to no drama, great memories and safe returns from our excursions on shore. We have memories that will last forever and friendships that grew even better through travels together. I am very thankful for this trip and the girls that I shared it with.

Now, to get myself focused for this last month will be rough, but it is necessary. Today, Nanny and Bobbob are here and I will say goodbye to them over lunch after this class. And after that, it is time to buckle down. I have all of the creatives for my Capstone class due on Friday. A test on Thursday. Writing assignments, finals and presentations coming up in the weeks ahead. Keep me, and every other senior in your thoughts, as we maneuver our way through our final time as college students. Also, send some good juju up for my friends in the job search. A job is key right now!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Al! I love your blog!! Such a fun way to keep up, although I am still calling you soon to get more scoop on your life. Blogs just can't replace the voices of best friends. Good luck with your busy week, talk to you soon! love- sarah k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great time on your trip. I predict your friends from Mizzou will be just like your wonderful friends from Central High - they will be lifelong friends who will carry you through life. It warms my heart to know that you have created such a happy life for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great looking girls. Your mom is right...
    you have wonderful friends. You know how much I
    love your High School friends, wish I knew your
    college friends better. Friends are important in our lives. Always be a good friend. Love U

    ReplyDelete