Thursday, April 15, 2010

#3: Amigas


Happy Thursday everyone!! I thought I would share with you all my next favorite thing about Mizzou: the friends I have made. Like I said in my previous posts, my friends at Mizzou have become my family. These girls have become my mother figure helping me when I don't feel good, my sister figure listening to my darkest secrets and the best party buddies a girl could ask for after a long week of work.

When I came to Mizzou I knew I was going to miss my group of girls back home. There were 11 of us who did absolutely everything together and I worried that I would never find anything like that here. But, I am lucky. My girl friends here are so much like my friends back home it's amazing.

So here are my friends. The girls that have help me make it through these past four crazy years.

This first picture shows the amazing girls of 1503 Wilson; my roommates. These are the girls I have lived with for the past year and who I spend absolutely all of my time with. This picture is from our Christmas card that we sent to our friends and families. From left; top row: Natalie, Kate, bottom row: Rosie, Me and Steph.




Let me introduce them:

Natalie is a Biology major from Plano, TX. She and I were roommates sophomore year when we lived in Chi Omega. She loves Hot Tamales, Charleston Chews (sick!), making her poofy hair face that I love so much and anything and everything Tiger Woods or Harry Potter. Don't be surprised if you're sitting around with Natalie and you randomly just hear her snicker to herself. She's probably just on one of her many websites reading some hilariously funny comic. After graduation Nat plans on going to Pharmacy school.








Kate is a Convergence Journalism major from Springfield, MO. She is a Theta, making her the only non-Chi Omega in the house, but we forgive her. She loves gummy bears, but only the Target brand, has the most beautiful hair I have ever seen and eats her sandwiches with only one piece of bread which I always find so amusing. After graduation Kate is going to law school and is going to become the best lawyer Missouri has ever seen.









Rosie is a Latin major also from Springfield, MO. She is one of the most traveled young adults I know; having lived on the side of a volcano for a summer, moved to Northern Ireland by herself and worked at a hotel for a summer and studied abroad for a semester our Junior year. Rosie is one of the funniest people to watch romantic comedies with because like a little girl she cannot watch people kiss. It makes her squeal. After graduation Rosie is going to law school.



And last, but not least, Stephanie. Steph is a Respiratory Therapy major from St. Louis, MO. She is the Mom of the group, always taking care of all of us from health issues to making sure we get home safely on a late night out. She takes years to put pictures on Facebook (sorry Steph), is the resident hair dresser and may or may not someday end up on Hoarders. After graduation Steph is going to go to work at one of the amazing hospitals in St. Louis and “save lives.” Because that's what she does.



The next pictures are of the rest of my girlfriends. This one is of 3004 (the group of 10 of us who live next door to each other on Wilson street; 1503 + 1501 = 3004. Get it?) And the rest, are just a few of the amazing memories we have made over the last four years.




Check back in a few days for more of my favorite parts of Mizzou.

No comments:

Post a Comment