Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back to Life

Five days later, and a lot of fun had, and I am back on land. I didn't think I would be so excited to get off the fun filled cruise, but thanks to rough waters and a queasy stomach, I think it may have been time. Here's an update of my trip:

• 14 girls (Some sorority sisters, friends of friends and friends from class)
• 2 stops (Key West and Nassau, Bahamas)
• 5 nights (Dinner, a little karaoke and a lot of Carnival show watching)

At our first stop, Key West, we toured Duval Street, went on a tour of an old lighthouse, and sampled some of the islands famous food and beverages.

In the Bahamas, we had a more sketchy experience to say the least. We were supposed to be going on a party boat, but unfortunately we did not make it to the boat in time. So, our cab driver, Denise, said that she knew someone that could get us into the Atlantis Resort. I was immediately weary of this because the original quote we had heard was $120 per person, way out of my budget. Then, she tells us that her friend Carlo can get us into the resort for $60 per person. This is the beginning of our sketchy entrance into the Atlantis resort. Then, when it comes time to get the wristbands for the day we have to go to the resort, park in the back parking lot and wait for a white van to pull up. To add to the experience, the man made us move over in our seats so that he could get into our van and exchange money out of sight of any employees or guests. Needless to say, we got into the resort for half the original price, but I am almost certain that we may have funded some illegal actions. Great.

The rest of the trip was spent eating amazing food, spending time with friends I know I won't see as much as I hope after graduation and seeing amazing 80's dance shows. All in all it was a great trip.

I am happy to be home though. Mom was great and paid for me to come home for Easter with my family. Tonight, I had spaghetti dinner at Dad's and now I'm watching the Blind Side with Mom. It's nice to spend some quality time with my family since in a month I'll be a Missouri resident and a guest in my Little Rock homes. Weird.

Well, I think this post is long enough, and full of information. Check back later for fun pictures from the cruise and more updates on my upcoming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment