Tuesday, February 1, 2011

December

ALMOST DONE! YAY!!

So December meant my very first Christmas on my own. I know I've had Christmases in my own place in college, but this was my first real Christmas where I didn't spend a month back in Little Rock. Mom was sweet enough to buy Jenna and I our first Christmas tree. She, Jeff, Jenni, and I spent the night decorating. Really it just consisted of Jenna and I decorating and forcing Jeff and Jenni put an ornament on every 10 minutes so they could be involved. Sad to say that Christmas tree is still up, but I think it's beautiful, and meaningful, so I don't care.




Jeff and I flew to Little Rock for my cousin Olivia's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding, and a great reason to go home for a weekend.




Then, the next weekend was CHRISTMAS!! We spent Christmas Eve with the Wertenbergers. With so many babies, and so many toys, I was able to feel like a kid on Christmas again. We felt so adult waking up on Christmas morning together in our new city, made french toast and opened presents together on Christmas morning. Just another added bonus of living in the same city. We were up super early so we could make it to Little Rock in time for my family's Christmas celebration that night. The next few days were spent with family, friends, and celebrating different religions among my group of friends at Chrismakkuh.











Then, one of my very bestest friends in the whole wide world, and one of the coolest people I've ever met in my entire life, Miss Lindsey Rose Shindler, rode back to St. Louis with Jeff and I to spend New Years with us. We stopped in Memphis to hang out with Esther in her new home, and then spent the next few days celebrating the New Year.

Another BIG thing that happened this month is I got a new job! YAY! I'd been looking around for a while and just keeping my options open. It wasn't that I didn't like my job at HEC-TV, but I needed something a little more fast paced, and i'd like to start saving money, which was absolutely impossible at the rate I was going there. I interviewed with a company in St. Louis since November, and found out the week before Christmas that I was offered the position of Public Relations Manager at the Contemporary Art Museum. YAY! More updates on that in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment