Friday, August 13, 2010

A Never Ending Exploration

I’m sitting at work, which probably means I shouldn’t be writing this, but doesn’t writing a blog only foster a better understanding of the English language, and force you to think? I’m sure my eNewsletter I distribute today will be better just because I wrote this blog post.

I hope all of you have something fun to do this weekend. The weatherman is calling for slightly cooler weather. (Anything beats a heat index of 120. Ridiculous.) Tonight, Jeff and I are so excited because we get to baby-sit his one a half-year-old niece Abbie. She is so adorable and we love seeing her because it seems like she’s learned something new since the last time we saw her.

Tomorrow morning we head off to Augusta, MO. Missouri’s wine country. Jeff got me this trip as part of my amazing graduation present000, but we planned it for this weekend because it’s our one and a half year anniversary. Cheesy I know, but we like to celebrate the halves too. We are going to stay in a cute B&B called the Wine Country Inn. Jeff knows me very well and knows how much I love old buildings and furniture. This place absolutely fits the bill. Then, we are going to spend the day visiting some of Augusta’s beautiful wineries, like the Mount Pleasant Winery. Finally, we will end with dinner at Augusta Brewery Company. I’ve heard great things.

Then, Sunday afternoon we will be meeting friends at a St. Louis staple, Fast Eddie’s in Alton, IL. It’s about 5 minutes over the bridge and is the epitome of a dive bar. Who wouldn’t want $1.99 kabobs? Sign me up.

All in all I think it’s going to be a great weekend of continuing our exploration of St. Louis, even though Jeff is from here. I feel like every time we decide to go out, we’re forcing ourselves to try something new, which is good. We don’t have any place that is a staple for us yet, and I sort of like it that way.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and check back on Monday for pictures from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment