Monday, August 16, 2010

My Little Sis is All Grown Up...


Today’s post is in honor or my little sis, Anna-Lee. Anna-Lee is now part of the University of Arkansas Class of 2014. Dad took her up to Fayetteville yesterday and moved her into Reid dorm with her best friend Mary Elizabeth Sixbey. Anna-Lee was sweet enough to Skype with me last night for about two hours so I could see the new dorm, help the girls out with what they’re wearing for Rush this week, and just chit chat about what they can look forward to the next four years.


I didn’t think that Anna-Lee going to college would affect me at all. Boy was I wrong. I found myself very teary eyed and sentimental about my first week at college, when Anna-Lee and I were young, and what is to come in the future for us both. It’s weird to think that my little baby sister, my Christmas present, is growing up so fast. She’s supposed to be that adorable little pipsqueak who didn’t want to talk to anyone but Mom, and whose legs couldn’t have been any bigger than a twig. She was so adorable when she was a little kid, and now she’s grown up into this beautiful young woman who I know will do amazing things in her future.

Anna-Lee, I love you and I hope these next four years are all you’ve ever dreamed of. Make of them what you want, and do all the things you’ve ever wanted to. This is your time. I love you and wish you good luck this week. Love your big sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment