Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Here we go...

Okay, so I've never written a blog before. I normally look at other people's blogs and wonder, how do they have enough to write about? How do they find something almost every single day that will actually be of importance to other people? Then, today, I realized, they don't. Well, not technically. Most people write blogs to keep in touch with family members living far away, or even to just put pen to paper (or in this case fingers to keyboard) and get out their thoughts and feelings.

After talking to my Mom who is keeping one of the most amazing blogs I have ever read, I decided that a blog would be a great thing for a person like me. It will be a place for me to get out my thoughts and feelings on my journey through my last month in college and my move to St. Louis and into the "real world." (Where have I been the past 22 years of my life? The fake world?) And, it will be a place for friends and family to see what I am up to and get an update with out the dreaded every few week catch up call. Also, as a student of Journalism a blog seems only natural.

So, here it is. My blog. Read it if you want. Don't if you don't want to. I hope what you find here will be interesting, and if not, don't judge. I'm new to this. I promise I will get better.

When deciding to write a blog I think the hardest part is deciding on a name. So, where did the name "Being More Myself" come from? A great quote by May Lamberton Becker says that:
"We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."
I think that this quote pretty much sums up the past four years of my college experience. I haven't really grown into a better person, but i've definitely grown into myself. I've learned what is important to me, the things that I can do without and the people that I love.

Now, as I embark on my final month in college I can honestly say that I am graduating truly knowing who I am. I am going into a career I cannot wait to learn about and moving to a place I have come to love.

Well, I guess this post is long enough. Hope you enjoyed it, and if not, again, sorry. I'll work on it. Check back for my updates on this exciting journey.

2 comments:

  1. Tried leaving you a comment but I'm having trouble.

    Great blog, and I'm looking forward to reading it each day. And I love yourself -- it's a good soul, honey!! Keep on writing, sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! So glad you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete