Wednesday, March 24, 2010

...And again

Not sure if I'm really following blogging etiquette, but here's my second post for the day.

If you know anything about me you know how much I love music. From the second I wake up to the hours I spend at the J-School, I constantly have Pandora playing in the background. I'm not sure if my roommates really appreciate this at 8:30 in the morning, but, it is my weakness. My most recent love is my Ingrid Michaelson station. I have absolutely fallen in love with every single song that has come on, as can be seen through my credit card's abundant iTunes purchases lately. My newest song, and motivation for the next month, came through this station tonight as I was contemplating what to title my new blog. The song is “Brand New Day” by Joshua Radin.

In the words of Joshua:

“It’s a brand new day
The sun is shinning
It’s a brand new day
For the first time
In such a long long time
I know
I’ll be ok.”

Like many songs before it, I will most certainly play this on repeat for the next few weeks or so. But, this is the perfect time for such obsession. This song is going to uplift me in knowing that graduation is not sad, scary or something to dread, it's something that brings a “brand new day” and something that I should be happy about. While I will miss the Mizzou bubble, I know that my life has only begun and the only way to say it is “I'll be ok.” So, as I stay up late studying for my Hinduism midterm exam (something I will not miss doing when I enter the big people world), I know that life is good and it's only getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment